Nether's Seach Engine

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Man on a Ledge:

:

It seems this semester is going to be easier than the previous, so I will be able to keep my blog updated.  Thanks for all the emails telling me to start my blog back.  Hopefully I wont let it die again.

The most recent movie I have watched was Man on a Ledge.  This movie is about a cop named Nick Cassidy "Sam Worthington" that got arrested for stealing a 40 million dollar diamond.  He was sentenced for 25 years even though he pleaded guilty.  At the beginning it seems that his only friend was his partner "Anthony Mackie" after a visit in prison.  The two friends got along fairly well even though the reason of the visit was Nick's father being terminally ill.  Up until now the movie has been kind of bland, but at the funeral of Nick's father, things get interesting.  There is a fight between Nick and his brother Joey "Jamie Belle".  Which leads to Nick taking the guards at gun point and escaping.  He then finds his way to a hotel after picking up a few items.  After an expensive breakfast, he decides to step out on the ledge and draw a crowd.  When the negotiator arrives his only demand was for Lydia Mercer "Elizabeth Banks" to be her negotiator.  The reason he chose Lydia is because she has every reason to try and redeem herself from a previous suicide and Nick wants to be proven innocent.  The plot thickens when some unexpected friends help Nick try to steal back the diamond he supposedly stole.  If I was to give anymore information it would spoil the movie for most so I am going to stop here and let you guys decide for yourself.

I suggest watching the movie during a matinee.  Please feel free to comment/follow/vote for what I watch next/and tell us if you would pay 8 bucks/rent/wait for TV.  Chances are my next movie review will be over the new Underworld, so feel free to leave me few comments on it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment