Nether's Seach Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Zombieland:


Sorry for the lack of posts everyone. School started back and with my schedule it is hard to find some extra time. I am reviewing Zombieland since it was mentioned in a previous review. To my surprise, a few people have not seen Zombieland, which may be my favorite movie of all time. When you think of a zombie movie, you probably think of the slow paced undead that just has one goal, to feed. In Zombieland, the zombies have the same urge to feed, but have the capability to think for themselves and can run in a dead sprint. They also try to attack people at their most vulnerable moments which works out pretty well. Even though this is a zombie movie, it is also a comedy. Zombieland keeps the hilarity rolling in from the beginning with the star (Jessie Eizenburg) finally getting a chance to brush a girls hair over her ear. This chance is his first encounter of the undead, which ends up in a hilarious fight to survive. From here on the story is based on him getting home to his parents. Along the way he picks up a companion (Woody Harrelson) who has a knack for killing zombies. Some would say it is his calling in life. They also meet up with two sisters that always dupe them over and over. Throughout the movie, you are also given a list of rules to help you survive. There are 33 rules which are way too many to list, but if you fear the zombie apocalypse I highly suggest reading it. I know I have. The one thing I wish this movie would of done, was have a zombie kill of the day. I was so excited when I first saw the preview and saw the piano the old lady dropped on the zombie, then the message how it was the zombie kill of the day, but it was the only one in the movie. Aside from that, I have no complaints about the movie at all. It is non-stop action and comedy. Also, it is hard to hate a movie that has Bill Murray in it. At least I have yet to find one I hate. I would defiantly say this movie was worth the 8 bucks when it was in theaters and I am glad to say I purchased it the day it was released on DVD.

Also, if you are on a diet and very little will power, I suggest not watching this movie.  Every time I watch this movie, I am forced to go to the nearest grocery story and buy a box of twinkies and Ale 8.  Why Ale 8?  Because there is no better snack than an Ale 8 with a twinkie.  If you don't believe me, try it and tell me about your experince.

Don't forget to comment, vote on what I should review next (in the top right of page), and vote if you think this movie was worth the 8 bucks or not (below).  I plan on watching a ton of movies this weekend so hopefully I will get some more reviews soon if homework will allow it.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Zombieland, one of my favorite zombie movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some great comedic zombie movies, such as Peter Jackson's Dead Alive. But Zombieland may just be the best of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bringing that one up - I just ordered it (... yes, I'm one of the few who haven't seen it)

    ReplyDelete